Sunday, December 1, 2013

Week 1 letter 11/28/2013 - At the MTC on Santo Domingo: Hey guys!!! I finally got to talk to you. So my companiion is elder glascow. Hes from the british virgin islands. Hes pretty funny but im trying to teach him to be more prepared when ever we go somewhere he always seeems to forget something..... but anyways im loving it here the first 4 days here were probably the hardest time of my life mostly because our teachers only speak spanish so its really hard to understand them. Ive gotten way better at the language since sunday!! I told me and my companion we should fast and I think thats why i got better at it lol. Anyways its beautiful over here we are so close to the ocean you can see it from the temple i love it. Im really loving the scriptures there are so many cool stories and there is a lot that have helped push forward and help me endure since ive been here. Also ive never prayed so much in my life sometimes i feel like im saying the same thing over and over at times but ill be able to say more things the more i progress. Grandmas camera has all these old pictures from years ago there is some of chase and the boys and of you guys!! Its crazy how young we all looked haha. Weve actually had some pretty good food here in the mtc and every sunday we get pizza and ice cream its awsome. We also have food from here as well and its actually really good but the chicken always has bone errrrr jk lol. My roomates are awsome to were really getting along and mom dont worry i pick up my clothes after i get out of the shower haha. Thank you guys for the letters by the way they were really sweet it gave me motivation to pick myself up when i was down when i got here. Anyways hope you guys get this and are able to read it to everyone. I also got to go to the temple today it was so awsome i really felt the spirit and i got to do sealings for the first time that was really neat. Tell everybody that i love them and that i miss them. I really miss just hearing tatum talk lol. Tell tayler and trinity that i love them and dont ever give up and if you pray sincerely heavenly father will help you. I wanted to leave you my testimony in spanish. Yo que se la iglesia es verdardaro y jose smith es un verdardaro y Dios amore nuestros. Yo se que el libro de mormon es verdardaro. En el nombre de jesucristo amen. I know that this church is true. I know that joseph smith was a true prophet and god loves us. I know that the book of mormon is true. I say this in the name of jesus christ amen. Love you guys happy thanksgiving talk to you guys next thursday. :) ps. mom i cant find my alarm clock or my journal :( -- -Elder Tanner Gothard

No comments:

Post a Comment