Sunday, February 9, 2014

Heyyyyy!!! - January 29th

Oh my gosh I feel like I haven’t talked to you guys in forever holy cow!!! Anyways loved all the pics of Tatum we were at a members house and they have a little kid like 3 years old and it made me realize that when I left it was the last time I would Tatum as a baby it was so sad to think about.
So last week me and my companion went to the office cause he had to help another missionary and they showed us the dates of when all the missionaries are going home I go home November 5th 2015. They cut like two weeks off my mission I know that’s a long time away thought I would let you know. The only reason they did that because that’s when the transfer date is sooo yeah. IM sorry you guys have had the flu that stinks!!! If it helps I had diariahha yesterday sooo yeah lol. Sorry that’s probably gross and I wish at.
I don’t know why but I have been thinking a lot about home lately and maybe it’s because that’s just me being homesick a little bit but I’m doing super great though so don’t worry about me. We got to go to Mattensitas... I think that’s how u spell it. It was friggen sweet! The beach is so beautiful I get to see it like every day but that beach looks better the one where we are at has trash all over it but I don’t care because it’s a beach lol. Oh so the church we have was built in the 90s. It doesn’t even look like a church really there is a barbed wire fence all around it. It’s funny because every time we unlock the gate I’m not kidding in like 5 minutes all these kids start playing in the parking lot and we have to tell them they have to leave. There are three Americans in the house and one from the DR.
By the way I didn’t buy a guitar I don’t think I’m going to sooo yeah. Anyways hope you guys are doing well. This week has been rough but we have a baptismal date with Juan. It’s in the end of February. Oh something really cool so yesterday during personal study I was thinking about what we should focus on for Juan from the plan of salvation and as I was looking in preach my gospel I saw the atonement and I just kept feeling like we needed to focus on that and share alma 34 v 8 to 10. I told my comp and he said ok let’s do it. So while we were teaching him I guess he had a question about it after the fall of Adam because he had a question about it. Anyway after we were done with the lesson my comp was like dude!! that was a really good lesson and that scripture that you wanted to use and what we needed to talk about was perfect. I was sooo happy you have no idea I know that was the Holy Ghost telling me that’s what we needed to teach him. I don’t know it was just awesome. That was the best thing that happened this week. The other day we had a service project to help this lady clean out her salon by spraying it with water and scrubbing the walls and stuff. It was so much fun! We were having a water war and stuff it was hilarious.
One of the missionaries in our house is elder Morgan. He’s super cool me and him are like best friends it’s awesome. Anyway I just wanted to end by saying how thankful for everything that you guys have done for me by the way mom when I was in the MTC they asked who do you think is one of the hardest working people and I said my mom and I was kind of getting a little emotional ha-ha I’m such a baby and dad you are too lol. Sorry for all the times I would argue with you guys you guys are awesome love you both to death I think about you guys every day. Love you guys. I'm super excited that Star Wars comes out after I get back that’s going to be awesome. Ahhhh I miss the Walking Dead soo much lol and music especially music but I’m loving church music I actually sing it a lot. Love you guys I will leave you with one of my fav scriptures lately it’s in Matthew 6 v 33 look it up and apply it to your life it’s a great scripture love you guys!!!!!



-Elder Tanner Gothard

No comments:

Post a Comment