Monday, September 1, 2014

April 9th 2014 - General Conference was Amazing!!

Hey everybody!!!! Well this week was really good becasue of conference. I really enjoyed the talk by President Uchtdorf talking about how even in situations when we feel troubled we should always thank God for everything that we have. I know this is something i can work on in my life as with everybody else. The important thing to always remember in times of trials and afflictions we need to have faith in our savior Jesus Christ and remember that he not only died for our sins but for our afflictions as well. He knows how we feel and what we are going through in any moment in our lifes and I like Helaman 5 12 becasue it says if we have a strong foundation of christ in our lifes satan can never drag us down.
      Also in Ether 12 27 its important that we all have weaknesses but we have weaknesses so we can grow and become strong and ive defiantley seen this personally happen to me because a mission is not easy especially being put in 3rd world country learning a new language and being away from friends and family is never easy but with faith in jesus christ anything is possible and ive seen this over and over again. I found a really great scripture that i feel is important especially in this world. Its in ether 12 verse 4 and it says wherefore whoso believeth in god might with surety hope for a better world, yeah, even a place the right hand of god which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast always abounding in good works being led to glorify god. Hope and faith are the things that keep us going and having hope and faith in our savior jesus christ all things are possible.
     Something ive been really trying to work on lately is ch 6 from preach my gospel and that chapter is the attributes of christ. For me personally you cant change someone else unless you have changed yourself so thats what im going to work on for the rest of my mission actually the rest of my life haha. I want to end with my testimony that this is the church of jesus christ and we should constantly look for ways to improve ourselves and with the atonement of christ we can feel that peace and that love from our heavenly father in any situation in our lifes. I can personally say ive seen it in my life and ive felt that love from my heavenly father. I encourage all of us to strengthen our relationship with our heavenly father and get to know him personally and that he knows us better then anybody else and he has our best interests at heart. I share thse things in the name of jesus christ amen

--
-Elder Tanner Gothard

No comments:

Post a Comment